Dr. Daniel A. Werning
Daniel Werning studied Egyptology, General Linguistics, and Computer Sciences in Göttingen and Heidelberg (Germany).
He is now working at the Excellence Cluster "Topoi", Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Germany).
Main Research interests
- Ancient Egyptian Grammar, Hieroglyphic writing system, Language typology, Construction Grammar, Spatial linguistics;
- Textual criticism;
- Egyptian Netherworld Books, Theology of the Egyptian New Kingdom;
- Digital Humanities, esp. TEI/EpiDoc.
DH Projects (current)
- Project Die ägyptische und orientalische "Rubensohn-Bibliothek" (ÄMP, SMB, Berlin): TEI/EpiDoc encoding concept and DH workflow.
- Project The Rosetta Stone online: online publication of its text, richly annotated, link to test server on request.
- Project Encoding Complex Writing Systems (EnCoWs): community discussiong the TEI/EpiDoc encoding of non-linear and/or iconic writing systems.