Ptolemaeus Arabus et Latinus
- Prof. Dr. Dag Nikolaus Hasse (University of Würzburg)
From the project website (accessed 2020-09-01):
The Project Ptolemaeus Arabus et Latinus (PAL) is dedicated to the edition and study of the Arabic and Latin versions of Ptolemy’s astronomical and astrological texts and related material. These include works by Ptolemy or attributed to him, commentaries thereupon, and other works that are of immediate relevance to understanding Ptolemy’s heritage in the Middle Ages and the early modern period up to 1700 A.D.
The PAL online database offers the following items:
- Works: a catalogue of Arabic and Latin Ptolemaic works in three categories: Authentic Works, Pseudepigrapha, Commentaries
- Manuscripts: a catalogue of Arabic and Latin Ptolemaic manuscripts
- Images: high definition reproductions of Ptolemaic works from a selected manuscript or early printed edition
- Texts: searchable transcriptions of Ptolemaic works prepared from a selected manuscript or early printed edition
- Glossary: a Greek-Arabic-Latin-English glossary of astronomical and astrological terms
- Review: Reconstructing Ptolemy and his Global Legacy Reviewed by Alberto Bardi in Society for Classical Studies Digital Reviews (2020).