Frequently Asked Questions
Please add your questions here, or by posting them to the. Answers to your questions will appear as and when users post them.
When an entry in this FAQ has grown to the status of an article or is stable and
definitive, it may be moved to a more static home.
Guides to Good Practice
Many guides to good practice can be found at the following sites:
- (Temporarily unavailable)
.htm King's Digital Consultancy Service]
(We should index significant guides from these sites, and others, some time, a beginning of this index can be found at the bottom of thepage...)
Typographical and font issues
- (short answer: Unicode)
Other user issues
- What computer simulation tools are available for modelling populations, etc.?
- How can computer applications assist in the teaching/learning of languages?
- Has anyone done any work on speech-recognition/simulation in Greek and Latin?
- How should we encode lexicographic data?
- What software is available for marking up and representing prosopography/genealogies?
- What statistical software/advice should I be looking at?