Classicizing Philadelphia: Digital Resources for a City’s Dialogue with Greece and Rome
- Lee T. Pearcy, Ph.D., Research Associate in the Department of Greek, Latin, and Classical Studies at Bryn Mawr College (classicizingphiladelphia at gmail.com)
- Megan Dickman, Research Assistant.
- Bret Mulligan (bmulliga at haverford.edu)
Classicizing Philadelphia, a digital humanities project inspired by the Classicizing Chicago project at Northwestern University, seeks to document, study, and continue Philadelphia’s long, deep dialogue with Greece and Rome. The project has these goals:
- To be a focal point for research on classical receptions in Philadelphia
- To be a gateway to documents of classical reception in Philadelphia collections
- To engage the citizens of Philadelphia in our city's long conversation with Greece and Rome