- Neil Coffee
- Jean-Pierre Koenig
- Neil Bernstein
- Damien Nelis
- Walter J. Scheirer
Tesserae is a collaborative project of the University at Buffalo's Department of Classics and Department of Linguistics, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of the University of Notre Dame, and the Département des Sciences de l'Antiquité of the University of Geneva. This project is funded by the Office of Digital Humanities of the National Endowment for the Humanities and by the Digital Humanities Initiative at Buffalo.
- University at Buffalo College of Arts and Sciences,
- National Endowment for the Humanities Office of Digital Humanities (Start-up Grant #HD-51570)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (Project #146976)
- Digital Humanities Initiative at Buffalo
From the project website (accessed 2012-07-27):
- The Tesserae project aims to provide a flexible and robust web interface for exploring intertextual parallels. Select two poems below to see a list of lines sharing two or more words (regardless of inflectional changes).
In July 2012 the sample texts allowed comparison of classical Latin poets only but in September 2017 the authors to be compared include Latin and Greek, classical and Late Antiquity authors, poetry and prosee.