From The Digital Classicist Wiki
Issues to be considered when deciding between digital and print publication
- Who is your audience? Digital might reach a wider readership.
- Scale of publication: would it be prohibitive to print on paper?
- Cost: who is going to print and archive print? Who is going to build and host digital?
- Prestige: will print look better on your resumé/tenure review?
- related to the above: peer review?
- Media: do you need images, colour, 3D, multimedia, interactive content?
- Hypertext: do you need to be able to cross reference internally, externally, include open datasets, make available for reuse by others?
- Stability: will you want to lock down or periodically update your publication?
- Digital tools: did any digital tools or resources feed into your research? How are you going to reflect this in the publication?