Catalogue Digital Editions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- GitHub repository, including all original data
- Web application: to browse, filter and search the catalogue online
A comprehensive catalogue of scholarly digital editions. Each entry has structured, systematic and curated information on the edition, including:
- Project information, such as editor(s), date, URL, production dates, institution(s), funding
- Technological aspects, such as markup language(s), facsimiles of the textual sources
- A methodological discussion regarding, among other, the account of textual variance, the philological method (Lachmannian, New Philology etc.), the origin of the text (OCRed or keyed)
- User experience, such as search/navigation functions, possibility to download the data.
The catalogue follows the principles Linked open data. For example,
- it attributes a stable and clean URI to each edition listed (e.g., https://dig-ed-cat.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/editions/detail/17 for the Euripides scholia edition)
- it attributes such URIs to other objects in the catalogue such as supporting institutions (e.g., https://dig-ed-cat.acdh.oeaw.ac.at/editions/institution/298 for the University of California Irvine, linked in its turn to its LOD-compliant GND ID http://d-nb.info/gnd/26537-8)
- and allows the user to download the information in RDF/XML format.