2010 - present: Senior Teaching Fellow at the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
University College London
Programme Director MA/MSc Digital Humanities
Tutor for modules at MA level:
2004 - present: Student Support Manager: War Studies Online Department of War Studies, King’s College London
2004 - 2009: Research Associate at the Centre for Computing in the Humanities (CCH now DDH), King’s College London.
Co-founder and co-organiser of the Digital Classicist
Associate Fellow at the Institute of Classical Studies
Editor of the Stoa Consortium
Member of the Centre for Distance Education
at the University of London.
- Stuart Dunn and Simon Mahony eds (2013) The Digital Classicist 2013. London: BICS Supplement-122 Institute of Classical Studies. (Introduction offprint)
- Simon Mahony (2013) 'HumSlides on Flickr: using an online community platform to host and enhance an image collection', in Dunn & Mahony (eds) The Digital Classicist 2013. London: BICS Supplement-122, Institute of Classical Studies. (Offprint)
- Simon Mahony, Ulrich Tiedau and Irish Sirmons, 'Open access and online teaching materials for digital humanities', in Warwick, Terras, & Nyhan eds. (2012). Digital Humanities in Practice. Facet. Overview and case studies are available on the blog.
- With Gabriel Bodard eds. (2008) "Though much is taken, much abides": Recovering antiquity through innovative digital methodologies, Digital Classicist special issue, Digital Medievalist 4 (2008), available at:http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/journal/4/
- Gabriel Bodard, Stuart Dunn and Simon Mahony. Digital Classicist panels: Teaching and Publication of Classics in the Internet Age. Ancient Space, Linked Data and Digital Research. Classical Association Annual Conference 2011 (University of Durham) Programme
- Gabriel Bodard, Stuart Dunn and Simon Mahony. Digital Classicist panel: A discipline-specific community of practice and interdisciplinary methods, Digital Resources for the Humanities and Arts 2008 (University of Cambridge September 2008). Programme at: http://www.rsd.cam.ac.uk/DRHA08/assets/docs/DRHAProgramme08.pdf
- Gabriel Bodard, Simon Mahony, Digital Classicist Panel 1: Research into people and places
- Gabriel Bodard, Simon Mahony, Digital Classicist Panel 2: Interdisciplinary approaches to research and pedagogy. Classical Association Annual Conference 2007: Birmingham University. Panel abstracts at: http://www.ca2007.bham.ac.uk/CAProgramme.pdf
- 'Digitizing and Enriching a Teaching Image Collection for Classics', Classical Association Annual Conference 2011 (Durham University 2011) Programme
- 'Using collaborative resources to develop a programme for teaching and supporting information literacy', Interface: 1st International Symposium for Humanities and Technology (University of Southampton July 2009) Paper available at: http://www.scribd.com/group/77000-interface
- 'Using digital resources in building and sustaining learning communities'. Digital Resources for the Humanities and Arts 2007 (Dartington College September 2007) Programme at: http://www.dartington.ac.uk/drha07/
- 'Humslides: creating an on-line digital resource for teaching and learning'. Digital Resources for the Humanities and Arts 2006 (Dartington College September 2006) Programme at: http://www.dartington.ac.uk/drha06/
Open Education, Open Educational Resources, and their impact on research led teaching in Classics. (abstract, video, slides)
- University College Cork (2013), Teaching and Learning Centre, Digital Humanities pedagogy: new approaches and new ways of thinking about the Humanities?
- University of Lampeter, (2012) Department Classics Research Seminars: Digitising Scholarly Resources for Classics
- Using your computer for research. University College London, Department of Geography Residential Weekend for PhD Students (October 2008)