EpiDoc Workshops have been run on several occasions over the past few years, with the intention of disseminating skills and experience and encouraging discussion on the topic of TEI markup for the encoding of epigraphic, papyrological, and other ancient texts.
The most recent training programme, for the May 2017 workshop in Athens, can be found at: https://goo.gl/9QsYwW
If you want to run an EpiDoc workshop
If you would like to run or host an EpiDoc training workshop at some point, please in the first instance contact the Markup list to canvass the possible trainers for their availability.
Please be prepared to:
- raise money to fund travel and accommodation (at least) for two or preferably three experienced trainers to visit and run the workshop
- ideally you should be prepared to pay the trainers for their time as well
- a funded project should enquire for consultancy rates; a limited number (1-2) of expenses-only workshops will be run per year
- begin planning the workshop at least 6 months ahead, and be flexible
- provide a seminar room with space for 15-20 participants to sit comfortably, with wireless internet access, data projection and plenty of power sockets/extension cables
- EpiDoc and digital sigillography workshop, University of Köln, Germany, Oct 9-12, 2017.
- EFES training workshop, University of Sofia, Bulgaria, October 30–Nov 3, 2017.
- EpiDoc training, Bologna, early 2018?
- EpiDoc training workshop, Institute of Classical Studies, April 16-20, 2018.
In-depth Summer Schools have been held at:
- EFES training workshop, Institute of Classical Studies, London, September 25-29, 2017. (programme)
- Digital Humanities workshop, University of Sofia, Bulgaria, September 7-11, 2017. (programme)
- Institute for Classical Studies, London, September 5-8, 2011; April 22-25, 2013; April 28-May 1, 2014 (programme); April 20-24, 2015 (programme); April 11–15, 2016 (programme); April 3-7, 2017 (programme)
- Digital Classics workshop, University of Barcelona, November 3–4, 2016. (programme)
- EpiDoc Workshop, Bologna: Sept 12-14, 2016 (call for participation)
- EpiDoc workshop in Digital Humanities summer school at Hissar, Bulgaria: September 5-10, 2016 (programme)
- Digital Epigraphy workshop, Babeș-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania, March 28–April 1, 2016 (programme)
- Advanced EpiDoc / Digital Humanities summer school, University of Sofia, Bulgaria, September 7-11, 2015 (programme)
- EpiDoc/EAGLE training, Univerity of Bologna, Italy, May 25-27, 2015
- 3-day EpiDoc training, University of Oxford, May 5-7, 2015 (programme)
- EpiDoc/SoSOL workshop, Bologna, January 10-14, 2011; May 6-10, 2013; May 26-29, 2014
- EpiDoc training workshop on September 3-6, 2013 in Sofia, Bulgaria
- EpiDoc/SoSOL workshop, Duke University, July 15-17, 2010
- EpiDoc/SoSOL workshop, Università «Mediterranea», Reggio Calabria, June 4-7, 2012
- EpiDoc/SoSOL workshop, Lyon, September 13-17, 2010
- EpiDoc Summer School, Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London, July 2005; May 2006; June 2007; July 14-18, 2008; June 28th-July 1st, 2010
- EpiDoc/SoSOL workshop, King's College London, March 8-13, 2010
- EpiDoc workshop, British School at Rome, September 21-25, 2009
- EpiDoc training week, Humanities Lab, IULM, Milan, June 16-20, 2008
- Shorter training events have taken place at:
- EpiDoc demonstration and workshop, Epigraphic Congress (CIEGL), September 2017, Vienna
- One-day EpiDoc pre-conference workshop, TEI conference in École normale supérieure in Lyon, France, October 27, 2015
- Half-day EpiDoc/SNAP:DRGN training, University of Grenoble, France, September 2, 2015
- Digital Humanities Conference, Lausanne, July 2014
- EAGLE Europeana meeting, Ljubljana, Slovenia, February 2014
- TEI conference in La Sapienze, Roma, October 2013
- Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l'Homme, Aix-en-Provence, February 2011
- National e-Science Centre in Edinburgh, February 2009
- AIA/APA meeting in San Diego, January 2007
- American Academy in Rome, October 2006
- Center for Hellenic Studies, Washington DC in 2005
Notes, questions and feedback from previous events are posted to the EpiDoc Training blog at: http://epidocworkshop.blogspot.com/
All slideshows and training materials are freely downloadable, and licensed for re-use and distribution.
other materials not used recently
For more information on future EpiDoc training events, please inquire on the Markup list