| || |
http:// virgo.unive.it /venicepigraphy/axon/public/ |+|
| || |
Revision as of 18:15, 19 February 2019
- Scientific Director of the Greek Epigraphy Lab, DSU, Ca’ Foscari: Claudia Antonetti
- Project Coordinator (Progetto di Ricerca d’Ateneo 2013): Stefania De Vido
- Scientific Team: Ivan Matijašić, Silvia Palazzo, Michela Socal, Luigi Tessarolo
From the press release (2016-01-27):
- The scientific team of the Greek Epigraphy Lab is pleased to announce the launch of AXON, a database of Greek historical inscriptions, financed by Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and coordinated by Stefania De Vido.
- AXON is a potentially ever growing online edition of a wide selection of epigraphic texts (selected according to the broad notion of "historical inscription”), provided with complete lemma and critical apparatus, Italian translation, commentary, and updated bibliography. This digital anthology will be progressively improved by scholars: a first set of documents is currently available and freely accessible, together with some useful materials: an aid for scholars and students alike. The website is mostly in Italian at the moment, but we are working to provide users with an English translation of its contents.
- AXON is a member of Europeana EAGLE Project and is supported by the Istituto Italiano per la Storia Antica. Our database will contribute to the international panorama of the Digital Humanities: it provides a shared epigraphic vocabulary, a SEG-derived and widely implemented bibliography, and accurate indexing.
- For further information, please visit our web-site or contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.